Flickering LED batten lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have 3 x 4ft Integral led lights in my shed which are around 2yrs old now and noticed after 5mins or so they start to flicker constantly and won’t stop until switched off.

Considering they don’t get much use, I’m surprised they’re playing up already. Is there anything I could do before having to change them? They have Philips CertaDrive drivers in them if that helps at all.

These are the lights in question

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I really wish I knew, I had it with G9 bulbs, replace one of 5 with a quartz bulb, and flickering stopped, in the end fitted a bigger bulb,
G9-comp.jpgthe big one worked without a problem, the small ones flickered, I opened one of the big ones, and the smoothing capacitor was nearly as big as the small bulb.

Other option is to swap for ones with driver or ballast like these. Although not as much light output, will be enough for the shed

It would seem some interaction with some thing else on same supply, with mine likely the smart wall switch causing the problem. Powerline adaptors are renown for problems like this.

Sponsored Links
It would seem some interaction with some thing else on same supply, with mine likely the smart wall switch causing the problem. Powerline adaptors are renown for problems like this.
I do have a power line adaptor in there but that’s on the socket circuit and I have a Shelley smart unit in the lighting circuit, but this has been in there for over a year without issues

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back