flickering Led spot lights.

Best suggestion would be to fit some better lighting, rather than spots ;)

Sponsored Links
If your dimmers are aurora then yes, bound to be the lamps. Check what dimmer modules are on the dimmers before you spend loads of money though, they might not be any good for LEDs no matter how good the brand

Well I have tried the lamps on a normal on/off switch and no flicker at all. I done them for a friend of mine, as a favour
But I don't want her to spend loads of money on branded LEDs and then find out it's the same issue. ( even though she's not being charged -_- ) but at the same time in my house I have the same model dimmer 6 aurora 4w lamps and they dim perfectly!
Really don't know what to do :(
Note the dimmer is compatable with LEDS.

Cheers

I don't see how fitting a standard switch is going to give any answers. The LEDs will likely work perfectly fine on a normal switch, but that's not the issue. The issue is with them being dimmed

Sponsored Links
In that case, buy decent LEDs for the smaller of the rooms first, see how that goes, and then take it from there

Enlite get my vote. A subsidiary of Aurora and they're the best lamps I've seen. About £6 even in the likes of Toolstation
Well, i fitted 6 led down lights for a mate of mine today, guess what ? He had bought Enlite lamps ! Thanks Iggifer(y) your right, the warm white looks, well, warm !

Iam a convert. No dimmers fitted, so don't can say how they behave when dimmed.

Regards,

DS

p.s. good price £6each

Glad you a) like them and b) didn't have to spend your own cash to find out! The cool white is a good colour too, not too blue

I will give the cool white a try.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

DS

Maybe so but BAS was right in this respect, if a bit annoying at times. I miss him.

Yes, bloody annoying, but he had a pulse!

At the moment it's like dropping in to visit Hinge and Bracket !:LOL:

DS

Last edited:
Do the ones that flicker have two-way switching?

So I returned the dodgy Chinese leds and replaced them with Philips. Got them at John Lewis for a good price. 6 for £25. ( just got them and replaced them this morning) So far so good. However the client decided she wanted two way switching in the corridor.. Now the two way is flicking .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back