Flip top waste best on basins?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The push down waste I had in my bathroom, which is only about 2 years old, and collapsed. It got stuck about a year ago too. So don't want to replace with same.
We don't have a fixing point for a traditional plug, so maybe a flip top is the best option?

Flip top:

Trad:

Wife is happy to have trad and leave a plug in the cupboard under the sink for the rare occasion that somebody wants to fill the basin. Might be sensible option ...

Sponsored Links
Traditional or the push up lever, the flip top can be knocked open too easily and whats the point having washed your hands getting them dirty again.

Blup

I use the flip top ones now, less trouble than the click-clack ones.

Sponsored Links
Those Amazon ones are the chosen type for our washroom sinks. Just one more to left to change in this house. So I'd recommend them.

Easy to operate for swmbo (unlike the click clack or push lever wastes) and really not that easy to open accidentally (I have done it when wiping around it with a wash-cloth when cleaning the sink and surround).

Avoid any that have the rubber band seal arrangement on the flipper.

If the water is that dirty on emptying a sink you've washed hands in, it needs a refill with fresh water to do the job properly, anyway. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back