flip up ironing board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
im desperate to find a uk supplier of an ironing board i spotted on a us web site. it is an ironing board that you fix to the back of any door that you pull down to use & then flip up back against the door out of the way. unfortunately the shop in the us that stocks this much wanted item does not ship internationally. i know this is not strictly a diy post but im desperate & my tiny flat has no room for more clutter & this thing sounds like just the job! has anyone come across anything similar here in the uk? or know where i can get my hands on something similar - or will i have to spend my life in crumpled clothes???
thanks

Sponsored Links
The only compact space saving iron board in the UK is the iron board which you pull out under the kitchen worktop.Have found one in USA website who will deliver to UK,not sure if this is what you're looking for or how much you want to pay.Try this.

thanks masona,
looks good but eeeeeek the price. i'll stay crumpled for a bit longer!!!

Thinking about it you probably could make one,if you put some sort of hinges on the iron board to the door with a folding leg on the front to come down to the floor and then hook it back it back up to the door with the folding leg clipped in. Easy isn't it !! A carpenter might be able to help you out using wood/plywood or modify the iron board.

Sponsored Links
thanks,

i think i will go for the pull out option - have found one at b&q & its time i learned to drill holes. my last diy effort involved blu tac to put up a blind (its still holding!!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back