Flloor tiles grouted today - sealing tomorrow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No-one answered my last post, I'm really getting nervous - the sealing of the grout on the tiles in the bathroom is really mucky looking. The other places don't look too bad. But they grouted a huge area of living room today and are going to seal it tomorrow. Is that wise?

Sponsored Links
If you could just go down the list to my last question, I explained exactly the difference - if that wouldn't be too much trouble. I do appreciate you replying, thank you.

Sorry....right, i've just skimmed through your other post.

I'm no expert at all but i have just used a sealer on my tiles. The grout i would've thought would have to be completely dry and thats the only reason i can think of for it being patchy. If he cleaned the floor with a wet sponge then applied sealer this may be the cause. The sealer i have definitely says the surface must be dry.

Somebody may correct me on this but its the only thing i can think of if the grout was sound before hand.

Sponsored Links
bizgen said:
No-one answered my last post, I'm really getting nervous - the sealing of the grout on the tiles in the bathroom is really mucky looking. The other places don't look too bad. But they grouted a huge area of living room today and are going to seal it tomorrow. Is that wise?

Hi
What have you put the tiles on?
:rolleyes:

What have they put the tiles on? Not sure I follow - do you mean the base or the adhesive? The base is concrete and there are underfloor heating pads.
It seems a shame that the nice limestone colour has gone a rather grubby beige - and not a very even looking beige at that. As I said, one of the bathrooms is really uneven in colour and rather dirty looking.
They seemed to make a big effort to get the surplus grout off, but when you look across the surface it is quite powdery looking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back