Floating Floor Keeps Sliding Out Of Place

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The laminate flooring in my kitchen keeps sliding out of place

The reasons is because when the plinth is removed, there is a large gap between the end of laminate board and the kitchen skirting board

What would be the best/simplest method to stop this?

I was thinking of cutting bits of wood and using hot glue to stick it down behind the laminate..

Please note that space is very tight under the area behind the plinth, it is difficult to get my impact driver in there

The sub floor is made up of concrete, with ply which has then been screeded

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks guys..

So shall I just hot glue some of this down where the laminate board ends under the plinth?

Please bear in mind that the laminate boards under the plinths do not extend all the way to the skirting boards

Thanks guys..

So shall I just hot glue some of this down where the laminate board ends under the plinth?

Please bear in mind that the laminate boards under the plinths do not extend all the way to the skirting boards

I am not sure if the hot melt glue will hamper the cork's expansion/contraction capabilities. It may be safer to put the cork down and then glue down a second line of cork or an equal (or greater) height strip of timber/etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back