Floating Worktop brackets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chaps

I am looking to fix a piece of 38x960x400mm Worktop to a wall as a work surface for a computer keyboard (monitor on the wall). The effect will be of a floating shelf. I need suggestions/links to an invisible bracket solution.

The wall that it will fix to is Dot/Dab on Cavity Brick wall. I am planning a backboard above the work surface so I can dig out the plasterboard if required.

I have seen a suggestion of threaded bar fixed in a drilled hole with resin and this looks pretty sturdy but I wonder if there is a solution that involves a right angled bracket that is rebated underneath the work surface.

Feel free to tell me it won't work!
Regards
Kevin Russell

Sponsored Links
EightyTwo - that's a good start, I think something long those lines, although a sideways T shape may be better - I google your idea and a few 5mm right angled restraint straps came up - I may give it a go in the Garage

FreddyMercurysTwin - Mmm, nothing on the page that you linked.

It may be worth putting some box-section into both skins and rebating into the bottom of the worktop?

Any more suggestions - I'm flailing in the dark!

Sponsored Links
Thinking further - I like the idea of drilling 3x25mm holes through the drywall, first brick skin and then halfway into thermoblock (I am in a conservatory drilling into the old external wall). Then sliding in 3 lengths of 25mm Box section.

Then placing the worktop on top after rebating three grooves.

Does anyone foresee a problem with slotting box section into thermoblock and taking upward pressure?

Thanks
Kevin

Right angle brackets cut into wall thru plasterboard upside down above worktop then another piece on worktop as a back board to hide sunken wall brackets .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back