Plasma bracket fixings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

New on here, after some ideas/advice please.

Have recenetly completed an extension, now fitting it out with the essentials...

Ordered what appears to be a good quality tilting bracket for a 42" plasma (40kg) but can't decide what to actually use to fix the bracket to the wall. The inner leaf of the walls is "thermalite" with a dot/dab board finish.

I'm not that impressed with the strength of the blocks to be honest, so i'm thinking of using resin fixings as opposed to rawl bolts/frame fixings. Last thing I want is the TV pulling away from the wall and landing on my small person.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

:D

Sponsored Links
The brackets usually come with 6 x 10mm x 60mm long fixings + the necessary Rawl plugs or at least the 2 brackets I’ve bought did; these fixings are the same size as the ones used for C/H radiators. I have one now ageing 42” plasma & one new 42” LCD, which is at least half the weight of the plasma. There is no problem using fixings of this size even for the (considerable) extra weight of a Plasma in Thermalite blocks even with D&D boards. As long as you use the correct size drill (came with my bracket) & fit them correctly you don’t need resin fixings; most of the weight of the screen puts the fixings in sheer (downwards) anyway & not in tension (outwards); just don’t let your small person swing on the thing! :LOL:

I have one now ageing 42” plasma & one new 42” LCD,

Stop boasting :LOL:
or I will
I have a new 42, 26, 22 & an old 26
And I live in a 1 bed flat.. :LOL:
I wasn’t really boasting honest, :LOL: just pointing out the huge weight difference between plasma & LCD. ;) But since you started it; I also have a 32" in the bedroom, a 26" in the wife’s "side room" (don't ask :rolleyes: ) & my PC monitor is a 22" with a digi TV PCI card; & believe it or not, I don’t actually watch that much TV! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Richard, I also dont watch much tv, but when I do I want it where I want it.

Cut out plasterboard to dimension of bracket and replace with ply to bring flush with plasterboard , plugged and screwed to blockwork then you have secure background to secure bracket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back