Floating Worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on getting this worktop and cutting to 450mm for a desk. Also will be around 180cm in length.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/saeljan-worktop-oak-effect-laminate-60439173/#content

I was planning on using these and was wondering if these would be sufficient and if so how many do you think would be needed? They will be going into a masonry wall. So desk will be 180cm wide x 450mm depth x 38mm thick. Here are the brackets. Thanks.

https://www.bespoakinteriors.co.uk/...MImJ3mvY2E9QIVCevtCh2sggBOEAQYECABEgJDXfD_BwE

Sponsored Links
You’re aware that the worktop is particle board?
Does it come with edge strip?

if you believe the adverts, those brackets are strong. The weakest part might be the quality of the board.

Very narrow for a desk , little more than a shelf at 450 and unsuitable for floating fix .

Very narrow for a desk , little more than a shelf at 450 and unsuitable for floating fix .

Not unsuitable for me my current desk is 450mm I have the monitor mounted on wall and been using happily for almost 3 years

Sponsored Links
You’re aware that the worktop is particle board?
Does it come with edge strip?

if you believe the adverts, those brackets are strong. The weakest part might be the quality of the board.

It would also be quite springy. Best supports are solid ones, such as a pair of small filing cabinets.

Chipboard is unsuitable for a floating worktop (i.e. the type where no supports are visible) as it has all the strength of Wheetabix. Better supported on large angle brackets and battens on the wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back