Flood light staying on

I

imamartian

Hi

I have a flood light that tonight has decided just to stay on ! it's on a PIR, and a switch in the hall... the PIR seems to have no effect, nor does the switch !! any ideas as to the root of this? should worry going to bed?

Sponsored Links
if the switch does nothing then either its the wrong switch or the contacts have welded together

More likely that the switch is an override wired between live in and live out on the PIR. I'd put money on a faulty PIR, not worth fixing, you need a new floodlight. Don't buy a cheap one, I fitted a couple of £5 jobbies before and they didn't even make it a year befre failing in the same manner.

Sponsored Links
thanks gents

It is one of those flood/pir all-in-one units.
And i think you're right about the switch, it is an override for the PIR - there is a switch in the loft labelled as an isolater for the light itself.

It did go off after about an hour (should be set to about one minute), but i think i'll look into replacing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back