Floodlight PIR has red blue and black wires

Sponsored Links
So what part of that does not make it now a standalone PIR?
ban-all-sheds: I'm not sure how any of your questions helps with my original wiring query where I had hoped to draw on the vast wealth of expertise of the kind people who try and assist others with less knowledge, but here goes. You'll see from my original photo that the PIR is physically attached to the light and replaced a faulty but similar style PIR (with different wire colours). The replacement PIR came from a similar 'integrated' light, for example, https://www.ukelectricalsupplies.com/Timeguard-400w-Black-PIR-Halogen-Floodlight.htm. I could be wrong, but from what I can see none of the Steinel PIRs are remotely physically similar to the PIR I have and therefore seem not to be designed as replacements for the type of light I have as they cant physically be attached in the same way. They seem to be designed to be mounted somewhere separate from the light and then wired to the light.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back