Floor access Hatch for school corridor advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Currently working on a school and the service trenches flooded due to burst pipe so we are removing the vinyl and all associated timber and replacing with new on a like for like basis, around 10 years ago the last contractor removed all the access hatches (Nice heavy duty brass ones) and never replaced them just ran straight through with 25mm ply so as part of our work we have to install hatches 6 in total, 2 in each corridor but i am struggling to find a suitable product as ours can only be concreted on 2 sides and every one i have seen are very light duty frames (usually Aluminium) and not sure will be suitable, i may be able to strengthen the sides not concreted in with timber if required but wondered if anyone has any suggestions of products or ideas that may help in any way, any contribution is appreciated as i have called everyone i can think of for advice and it seems nobody has come across any, floor layer i spoken to has fitted flooring in hatches but never fitted any of known any been fitted,
been looking at these what are your thoughts

Thankyou in advance
picture-241055486.jpg
picture-241055494.jpg
picture-313516996.jpg

picture-241054977.jpg
picture-241055022.jpg

Sponsored Links
the hatches i find are designed to be concreted in on 4 sides and not heavy construction but as you see from photos my trenches are concreted on 2 sides and 2 sides are open and bridge over pipes etc i suppose im looking for the most suitable product or suggestions, hopefully someone has come across this situation before

Sponsored Links
There may be something suitable from here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back