Loft Hatch Catches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a heavy lift off type loft hatch cover and have made one to be fitted as a drop down cover. I wanted to use a twist type lock but, having made the cover 35mm thick, I now find that twist type locks seem only to be suitable for covers with a maximum thickness of 20mm. The only alternative seems to be the cheapy spring loaded catches that require the hatch cover to be pushed to release.
Could someone who has fitted a spring loaded catch to a hatch cover please tell me if they are any good and are they easy to fit so that they work correctly. Alternatively, does anyone know where one might purchase a twist type lock that would fit a 35mm hatch cover.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks John. If I get no further with the twist or spring loaded locks I will probably go for a fanlight catch as you suggest.

The touch latches (the spring ones) make it awkward to seal the hatch, as they have to have a certain amount of movement to work.
I don't know why, but I really dislike touch latches too. Tinny horrible things. That's just me though! :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back