Floor Grout Removal Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tiled bathroom floor which on someones advice I grouted with normal wall grout mixed with some PVA glue. It didn't look good straight away but now 2 years later it looks b%%%%y awful! So I want to remove the old floor grout and re-do it with proper stuff.

I went out and bought a grout scraper which is just not going to remove it in a month of Sundays. I have read some advice here about Sulfumic acid, would this work on my problem? If so where could I buy it?

If not is there any way to resolve my problem?

My gf wants to put lino down over ir but I spent ages putting little pebble tiles down so this is a last resort.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Acid based cleaners ar really only for removing excess grout from the surface of poorly grouted tiles. They can also attack the tile or stone.

IF you laid the peddle type mosaics then your best bet will be to rip the lot up, grout rakes and mechanical tools only really work on straight joints.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back