Floor Insulation - Blue Polyboard or will any Insulation do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just taken up a chipboard floor to find blu polyboard insualtion underneath. Floor has come up due to a leak. I am trying to find 30mm blue polyboard to go back down but would any insulation do? I have been told foil backed roof insulation would be ok.

My concern was the roof insulation does not seem as stiff as the existing blue polyboard. Any ideas and where could i find 30mm blue board from?

Sponsored Links
Any rigid pir foam board floor insulation will do.

I thought that blue stuff was for external walls, i.e. prior to rendering etc.

I also thought blue board was used for underfloor heating. Should i stay away from the roof insulation? it does not seem as dense as the blue board and im wondering if that will have any affect when you walk on the floor.

Sponsored Links
Basically we have been supplied with Ecotherm pitched roof insulation and the suppliers are saying it will be fine to be used on the floor. The floor is concrete and the flooring is being laid straight onto the insulation.

I think i will give ecotherm a ring tomorrow morning but i think i would rather give it back and get some multi purpose insulation or specific for floors.

Thanks for the advice everyone will let you know what i finally decide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back