Floor insulation - hold in place?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
another question regards my timber frame base for log cabin

what is the cheapest and most effective way to secure 70mm celotex insulation board inbetween the floor joists - there will be a void underneath as it's a timber frame resting on pads, so i obviously dont want the insulation to fall through.

i am using 2x4 joists set @ 400mm centres if that makes any difference

Was thinking a couple of nails put into the side of joists with a cm or so protruding to stop it falling through? would that work?

Sponsored Links
I used small timber battens 32 x 15 or similar - I screwed them in place before laying the joists.

I put trellis poles (anything will do, I just had loads spare) perpendicular to and under the joists so i can use the full height of the joist. Any gaps between insulation and joists filled with foam that helps fix it in place too.

Sponsored Links
I just tap a couple of nails in either side and tap insulation in place holds very firm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back