floor level for building regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All, I hope someone can advice, I could just ask the Building Inspector but I'm scared! I am building an extension on the side of my house, I will be knocking through and want the floors all to be on the same level. Unfortunately the bricklayers and another individual decided to add a brick height to the floor which has left me with only 10 cm in which to put "65mm screed, 75mm thermafloor" onto the DPM on the block and beam floor. I'm at least 40mm short of my finished level. I don't want it to be cold through the floor and I don't want to get in trouble with the inspector, any advice? I've used this site to learn to lay my window cills and how to install a door frame. It's been brilliant, you are all so knowledgable. What can I do? Apart from kill the person who told the bricklayers not to take any notice of the architects drawing?? I have learned so much, namely if you want something doing, watch every move anyone makes. Or do it yourself.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There are ways around it (eg by having thinner insulation and compensating elsewhere) but at the end of the day it will only be a botch, and will still cost extra.
You shouldn't have to be asking on a forum - it's not your problem - it's the builders'. They need to come up with an acceptable solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back