Floor preparation prior to kitchen installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My first post here - the first of many I hope as I have been [trying to] refurbish a house extensively!

I had an extension built and the extension area has been screeded (with issues!). The extension created an open plan area for kitchen, dining room and extension as one room. The issue is that the old area of suspended timber floors has a small section about 1*1.5 meters of (original?) concrete floor (1930s house so maybe no damp proof course so my worry is if this area could experience damp issues when the kitchen is installed due to restricted ventilation? At this point I am not sure if I should install wooden flooring under the kitchen units or adjacent? Again ventilation for the original small section of concrete floor could be an issue?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bump! Any ideas please. I guess if no evidence of damp I should stop worrying? Also what should I do about the pipes? Cover in what? Sand and cement?

It's hard really without seeing more pics.
If 1930s then no DPM on that section of the floor
So underlay has to have a DPM built in.
Are the levels ok?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. When you say levels you mean floor eveness? If so yes levels are ok. There was no damp reported on the survey. I'm thinking if the flooring doesn't go underneath the units I should be ok? I'll take some more pics shortly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back