floor tile to carpet height difference question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After laying floor tiles in the bathroom there will be quite a height difference leading onto the landing carpet area. What is the best way to bridge it please ? any ideas welcome

Sponsored Links
Get a tile to carpet joiner, they do sell them, or a laminate floor to carpet joiner, its about the same size, cut to the door size, then screw down, put carpet on the gripper side, then gently tap the other side to your tiles, with a mallet or similar

Sponsored Links
You could use a tile to carpet trim as mentioned if the level difference is about 10mm or less - the slope won't be that noticeable.
But when you come to the "gently tap" the trim down bit, place a 6" piece of wood onto the trim and beat that down. This spreads the impact and makes sure you don't get marks in the trim. I tried it without the piece of wood once - the impact deformed the trim and broke the edge off a tile.........never to be done again. :oops: ;)
If the difference in level is much higher than 10mm, you'll probably need a trim specifically designed for great height differences. I've never really used any but I've seen em. Try Google or maybe Screwfix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back