floor tiles for a patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me if it is ok to use a waterproofed sand/cement mix for laying frost proof tiles on a concrete patio. Thanks

Sponsored Links
cant see any probs, is it a high water area? (i mean higher than anywhere else in England?)

Thanks for the reply jefoss, what do you mean by a high water area? We are well above sea level & the water table is not a problem, but we do tend to get a lot of rain. I was thinking of using a strong brick mortar mix (2:1) with admix & waterproofing, does that sound ok?

when i say high water area i mean like is it a water trap there, maybe get a lot of puddles?

not sea level.

i have no idea about the brick morter mix as i would still use adhesive in "normal" outside conditions.

if customer asks me to use concrete / cement i just pick up bag of powder and use that.

Sponsored Links
Ok sorry I see what you mean now, no there is no problem with puddling, thanks for the replies

I can imagine that it's better to use tile adhesive and a thick bed solid bed trowel so that no water can gather in the adhesive bed and freeze in winter.

Best bet is to phone Bal or Ardex.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back