Floor tiles: the bare foot test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just doing my first floor tiling project. 2 sq metres in the bathroom.
The main problem is that I have found that if the tiles are not laid perfectly level, then any level imperfections are apparent when walking on the tiles in bare feet. It's like walking on cobbles! The main problem is one particular place where the corners of 4 tiles meet.

When fitting wall tiles, the grouting covers up a little bit for level inaccuracies. Will grouting do the same for floor tiles? Otherwise I will have to rip up the offending tiles and relay them. Or get a thick mat.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Mike, if your going to make a proper job take the little bleeders up I bet you got one of those tile spacers under one corner or if it is the floor scrape it clean, have a dummy run with loose tile and find the offender, take some of the screed out, clean out and relay, Job done :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back