Sharp Edges on Floor Tiles - Regrout Job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Had the floor tiled a few months ago and I've just never been totally happy with as the tiler has left all the sharp edges exposed. When you walk on the joints with bare feet they feel uncomfortable. For the past few months I believed it was just the way the tiles were and I had to live with it but now I'm beginning to think he has the grout line too low.

What do you think; is it the way the tiles are or is it an issue with his grouting?

2sblauv.jpg

71idkm.jpg

Sponsored Links
If I was paranoid I'd say you're all avoiding me lol. Anyone got an opinion on my dilemma?

You could if you wanted run a half round file the type you use for tiles of course along the joints that would take the sharp edge off but it will take a fare bit of elbow grease then run glass paper along just to smooth the job best of luck but you should have checked the work when the tiler had finished

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply mate.

I am assuming these are rectified tiles and he grouted them as if they were rounded edge? Aren't rectified tiles supposed to have a higher grout line?

He had done work for me before and made a good job so not sure what happened here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back