Floor to level off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I need to make good the floor between my new extension floor which has been screeded by myself, but i need to level off the floor where i have done the knock through to the origional part of the house.

I worked out my levels before hand but i have to make good the old part floor to a depth of 40mm to meet the new.

Is this depth too thin for grit screed? and i also think it to be too thick for self levelling ?

can provide a piccy if you wish.

Also, what can be done about any that tapers off from thick to thin.

Can anyone make any suggestions please......my initial thought would be to grit screed but with a fibrous additive for strength.

thanks for any help people

Tufty

Sponsored Links
I'm a little confused?

Are you saying you screeded the new floor prior to doing the knock-through?

One would normally do the knock-through then apply the final floor screed (50-80mm) so that it marries into the existing.

However regular floor screed, i.e. sharp sand and cement will deal with 40mm thickness. Just make sure you damp down the surfaces and edges prior to applying the screed.

Hi noseall...thanks for the reply.

Yes, i did screed the new floor, before the knock through.....might seem daft but a small problem of keeping the rest of the house useable before logistically moving three rooms around.

The knock through was the old bathrooom, and the old kitchen.

With 3 women in the house, i cant not have a bathroom, and a kitchen !

So i am where i am !!

Ok, 40mm of grit screed, on a good damping down then.

I had a previous extension done, previous house, and the grit screed cracked terribly, to the point that it had to be re done, and i did not want a repeat of this again....but thought this was due to poor mix quality.

Having said that, its not a big area if it does break up.....to re do.

Thanks noseall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back