Floorboard problems - please advise!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a property and had a Homebuyers survey carried out prior to purchase. The survey was quite detailed and came back with just a few minor recommendations but otherwise gave the property a glowing report.

Since moving in, I've noticed that the floorboards are sloping quite significantly in the front and back rooms, in the direction of the partition wall between the two rooms. This seems to only be in the corners on the side where the property joins next door.

Is this a sign of subsidence or could it just be a problem with the studs the boards rest on? I'm quite concerned that this wasn't picked up by the surveyor who reported that although he didn't carry out a full structural survey, the house showed no signs of subsidence or floor problems.

Any advice really appreciated.
Andrew

Sponsored Links
Is this a sign of subsidence or could it just be a problem with the studs the boards rest on?
Any advice really appreciated.
Andrew

it is more likely to be shrinkage settlement and fairly commonplace.

my own home does exactly the same. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back