Floorboard Types

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went into my local builders merchants today asking about floorboards. They showed me a few options of Redwood that looked nice, but when I go to the internet to look up laying floorboards, all I see is references to Tongue & Groove.

The wood I looked at was not T&G.

Does everyone laying floorboards go for T&G these days?

I want a quality floorboard solution, not a quick fix.

What are your thoughts? - pros & cons?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
i would personally go for tongue and groove if going for quality wood floorboards. This way you can nail them down through the tongue and then you can use them as the finished floor covering. If you go for square edge you will need to screw them down through the face so you wont want this as your finished floor. A good side is that you can take them up easy without doing any damage ( i have these in my house) If you not using the floor as the finished floor and intend on fitting a carpet/wood etc on top then i would suggest you put plywood down instead. Its alot more stable in the long run and should be trouble free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back