Flooring around a low profile shower base.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We're fitting a low profile, stone resin shower base, which will be cemented to 18mm ply. The rest of the floor is tongue and groove. My question is really about how to put down the flooring around the base. We want to put down bathroom laminate, but don't know how to tackle the interface between the base and the flooring. I don't want to spoil the look of it by siliconing pvc strip around it, so wondered if it is ok to not cement the very edge of the base and slide the laminate under.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I'd forget the laminate mate, water from the shower will eventually lift it.
If you can put down 6mm plywood and some wood fx polysafe or LVTs like Karndean or ployflor camaro.

Thanks for the advise Dazlight, but can you tell me if I can slide the flooring (whatever that may be) under the edge of the shower base?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I have done before mate as long as the shower base is solid. When you set it in leave it 8mm high so the ply and vinyl can go under

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back