flooring headache

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to take a chipboard floor panel up which runs under a wall. If i cut it at the wall and replace will leave about 6inches of floor un-suspended, the next joist being in another room. is there a way round this :)

Sponsored Links
You could try nailing a noggin across the two joists as close to the wall as you can. Flooring panel will now be supported on this. ;) ;)

thanks for that but my wall and joists run the same way and one joist is approx 4 inches in room i am working in and next joist is approx 11 inch into another room. cut board agaimst wall but new floor is un supported for last 4 or 5 inch and cant get to next joist

you need to cut out the floor either side of the wall, put noggins thriough under the wall and then re-piece in both floors

Sponsored Links
or you could screw a 2x2 batten under the flooring , across the hole - through the chipboard into the batten

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back