flooring to use for a waterproofed vault?

mgx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a coal vault external to the front of our london victorian lower ground property that we want to turn into lockable storage, it's about 2m(w)x2m(d)x1m(h). Looks pretty easy for me to get about 20sqm+ of meshed membrane and water/dampproof it myself, with plaster over the membrane, and some flooring. The vault is currently brick/concrete in parts. I don't plan to dig out anything, just fit the new stuff in.

Question is, what's the best way to do the floor? I don't want the new floor to be more than 90mm above existing (for other reasons), so within 90mm, I need to lay the membrane, then something upon it? Should I just concrete it or lay wood? What's the minimum depth I could use for a concrete screed floor above the membrane?

Other question: how do I terminate the membrane at the wooden batons that'll form the bottom and side edges of the door frame?

Everything else I'm pretty sure I have sussed out!

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back