Floplast soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is floplast soil pipe and fittings a decent standard? I ask as it's nearly half the price of polypipe soil pipe and fittings.

Sponsored Links
They seem ok, and manufactured to British Standards, so will be to a decent standard. Polypipe might be thicker?

Sponsored Links
Soil pipe is a minimum of 3" (82mm), normally we use 4" (110mm), think you are referring to Waste Pipe, 1.25" (32mm), 1.5" (40mm) or 2" (50mm) I think. Short answer is yes, all solvent weld waste, and all soil pipe and fittings are compatible across the manufacturers. The 'Push Fit' versions of Waste pipe/fittings are not.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Soil pipe is a minimum of 3" (82mm), normally we use 4" (110mm), think you are referring to Waste Pipe, 1.25" (32mm), 1.5" (40mm) or 2" (50mm) I think. Short answer is yes, all solvent weld waste, and all soil pipe and fittings are compatible across the manufacturers. The 'Push Fit' versions of Waste pipe/fittings are not.
Sorry yes I was referring to 1.5 and 1.25inch pipe in the question so you can't mitch and match floplast 1.25inch pipe and polypipe 1.25" fittings?

All Solvent weld waste pipe and fittings are interchangeable between the manufacturers, so yes you could mix and match Floplast and Polypipe for example. Push fit waste pipe and fittings can vary between manufacturers, I wouldn't like to say who's will fit who's. If you need to
join to an unknown manufacturers push fit waste, a compression fitting is the way to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back