Flow and Return

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I will be demolishing an old extension next week, in which there are three rads.
I would like to cap the flow and return at house wall level, so that when i replace with new extension, i can create a copy of the missing system.
Can i just cap off the 22mm pipes, or is there a need to keep the flow going for the rest of the house rads?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just cap the flow and return legs to the extension ,preferably with isolation valves . That would enable air to be released,if necessary,and ease of draining later on.

Do the 22mm pipes just head to the extension or do they head off either upstairs or into the downstairs?

Sponsored Links
Just the extension Madrab. And when all is finished, I intend to take off the iso valves and solder the system as it was. I've read that it's a big risk to leave them on and just carry on from there.

Yes, never leave ISO's on the system, they're not designed for the sustained temps and chemicals found in a central heating system. Short term should be fine though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back