Flow problem in CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Hoping someone can help advice on a course of action to help with a Kettling Boiler. (Potterton Suprima 40L)

I have posted in the past and received some good advice, but got to the point where it is now making a fair bit of noise. With the Pump on Speed Setting 2 its a bit more noisy than on 3. ABV set to 0.4 (incidently it appears to pass at this setting, so not sure it is faulty, but not sure this would lead to the boiler problem though)

With the pump on 2, when the kettling starts (usually 15-20 mins after boiler startup) I measured the flow and return diff across the boiler at 15C (I believe it should be 11C).

All the radiators get hot all over (slightly cooler at the bottom, but still hot).

I have tried x200 in the past, which made no difference. I suspect that it may be sludge in the boiler or a pump problem. Can anyone advise any course of action I can try as a DIY'er to confirm what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back