Flowmax 180 manual fill version question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a flowmax 180 manual fill water heater in a rental property and was wondering how often i should fill the water tank on top of the heater. It has a water tap and a ball cock on it , should i leave the tap open or just top it up and how often. Not seen one of these before so just wanted to be sure what to do.
many thanks in advance
Dave

Sponsored Links
It should be self filling with no input from you , the ball cock will drop when the water level drops and turn on the water supply and the ball cock will turn off the water supply once the water level reaches near the top.

Any chance of a couple of pics of the ballcock and water tap to check this is the case as I am unsure what you mean by water tap

thanks for quick reply i will post a picture tomorrowof the ballcock and stop valve
cheers
dave

Hi sircerebus666
heres a couple of pics, so the valve is left open all the time and it automatically fills when it gets low.
I was just worried that if the ballcock fails there is no overflow for the water.
Also I need a new lid for the tank anyone know where i can purchase one from?
thanks again
Dave 20200417_102542.jpg 20200417_102614.jpg

Sponsored Links
I can understand why you are worried

When the system was installed it should have been fitted with an overflow pipe unsure as to why it hasnt been (are there no holes in the feed and expansion tank to show one used to be installed?)

There's nothing wrong with you fitting your own overflow it's not particularly difficult , the only issue is you might struggle to get a seal on your curved tank.

Until you get one fitted I would turn off the water when you go out and change the ballcock for a new one as that one looks fairly old

thanks for the advice i will change ballcock after all this craziness ends and get an overflow fitted if it hasnt got one
thanks again
dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back