Upstairs Rad & Valve change on Flowmax Thermal store

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
First post and new territory for me . The rad and valves in my sons 1st floor room needs to be swapped out due to a leak from the (old imperial sized) rad itself.

I managed to get as far as rad removal, but the water pressure coming from the feed side is constant and significant. After what I’d estimate to be 20 or 30 litres at the same pressure I decided I must be draining down the whole tank so capped off the valve and decided to leave alone for now!

I originally closed off what I believe is the cold supply to the inbuilt f&e via the tank itself, and naively thought perhaps there wouldn’t be much water pressure as no head of water as such and no tank in the loft etc.

Does it sound like I may need to drain down the entire system from lowest point whilst mains water switched off just to be on the safe side?

Having reopened the valve and turned everything back on, the heating and hot water is working fine but I can still hear the tank refilling (Range Flowmax 180+13 litre inbuilt f&e) Is this normal?

any constructive hints or tips really appreciated.

cheers
Scotty

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back