flue/chimney

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im a trainee gas engineer, and came across a open flued floor standing boiler goin into a chimney with a liner, on the other side there was a gas fire with know liner also joining chimney, the enginner with me said this was fine but im unsure, have checked my books but couldn find any info :cry:

Sponsored Links
hi im a trainee gas engineer, and came across a open flued floor standing boiler goin into a chimney with a liner, on the other side there was a gas fire with know liner also joining chimney, the enginner with me said this was fine but im unsure, have checked my books but couldn find any info :cry:

I like to take on trainees with a degree or "A" levels. But at the very least I expect a GCSE in English and the ability to speak and write well.

Your training engineer seems to have a questionable ability to assess safety aspects!

Tony

yep i agree wit agile, your english is no very gud so kno chance ya cud make it in this industry! :LOL:

Are you saying 2 appliances are in ONE flue, one with a liner, and the other not? Are you sure it was not a double stack.?

If it was ONE flue, then you are right to be concerned - it is clearly dangerous. I would be surprised if an experienced fitter / engineer missed this. You might want to discuss it with him

Sponsored Links

I like to take on trainees with a degree or "A" levels. But at the very least I expect a GCSE in English and the ability to speak and write well.

thats a bit harsh

Your training engineer seems to have a questionable ability to assess safety aspects!

Tony

Christ Tony... give the guy a break... :eek:

Nesh, as stated, two appliances can't go into one flue/chimney (bl0ody French).

However, you might have two flues back to back... Can you post a picture?

very helpful, unable to take a picture as no longer able to access the excising property, i see what your saying about two flues back to back, but if this isn't the case are we saying this shouldn be done full stop or could be corrected by lining the gas fire, looked in the treloar book and corgi,

very helpful, unable to take a picture as no longer able to access the excising property, i see what your saying about two flues back to back, but if this isn't the case are we saying this shouldn be done full stop or could be corrected by lining the gas fire, looked in the treloar book and corgi,

If not for the reason the chimney wouldn't be large enough for two liners you also have to consider the required distance between the two terminals.

If not for the reason the chimney wouldn't be large enough for two liners you also have to consider the required distance between the two terminals.[/quote]

A very good point.

Balcknesh. A flue CANNOT be shared. It really is that simple. Are you on good terms with the other guy? Explain that you didn't understand the flue layout. He should illucidate, and in agood manner. You are, after all, learning. But don't act a clever sod, make it clear that you wish to learn.

Good luck

he can be ok i normally work on my own and the company give me time slots to meet with him, he dont seem interested, but i will just grim and bare it, thanks for everyone's time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back