FLUELESS GAS FIRE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, need help we have no chimney and so have to have a flueless gas fire ,went looking today but information said these gas fires have to have 100 cubic square meteres of additional ventalation, is this only a vent brick and if it is can it be put anywhere in room,any height ect. also can the fire be put under the window. hope someone can advise before we purchase a fire . thankyou

Sponsored Links
As they burn gas they require a large air supply and must have a vent directly to exterior.Had a couple myself but caused huge condensation problems because the burning of gas releases large amounts of moisture. Lack of maintenance on them will also kill you quick.

These types of fire are not liked by most gas installers (and I was one before I retired and I also considered them unsafe!!), for good reason, and are certainly not suitable for DIY installation. For one they need a Flue Gas Analyser to check they are actually working correctly, not normally part of a DIYers tool kit!

With regards size and location of ventilation the only people who can answer this is the manufacturer of your chosen fire.

100 cubic square meteres
??? 'Cubic' is a measure of volume (ie contents of a box) while 'square' relates to the size of one side of the box.

You really meant 100 centimetres squared, but you need to measure size of room as this requirement is dependant on room size plus there is a minimum room size these fires can be fitted in plus there should be an opening window in the room the fire is fitted in.

Sponsored Links
These types of fire are not liked by most gas installers (and I was one before I retired and I also considered them unsafe!!), for good reason, and are certainly not suitable for DIY installation. For one they need a Flue Gas Analyser to check they are actually working correctly, not normally part of a DIYers tool kit!

With regards size and location of ventilation the only people who can answer this is the manufacturer of your chosen fire.

100 cubic square meteres
??? 'Cubic' is a measure of volume (ie contents of a box) while 'square' relates to the size of one side of the box.

You really meant 100 centimetres squared, but you need to measure size of room as this requirement is dependant on room size plus there is a minimum room size these fires can be fitted in plus there should be an opening window in the room the fire is fitted in.
thanks to all for replies, i wasnt going to fit it myself,i just didnt want to call a gasfitter out then be told i needed extra fittings, or the fire was no use for purpose.
on reading one of the replies i dont think i am going to go with a flueless fire now as i dont like the thought of condensation being caused . i will have to look for alternative heating. once again thanks for replies appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back