Fluidmaster float valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
I too have fitted one of these Fluidmaster "quiet" float valve N0(400UK073). When it shuts off there is a loud clunk like when the cold supply is turned off really hard. Also if the hot supply is running there is a surge when the cistern is filled againg with the thud in the pipes.
Is it possible that it could be an air lock. We have a condensing boiler.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have high mains water pressure
are your pipes secured properly ?

Fit a pressure reducing valve on the incoming water main . just after the stopcock ;) ...usually easier than trying to fix yards of pipes properly after the build

Thanks guys

I have secured all the pipes, and have reduced the flow rate and it makes no difference.
So the pressure reducing valve will have to be the next option
Thanks
Mr Bumble

Sponsored Links
I had exactly the same problem a few years back. The problem turned out that the main stop cock wasn't ... wait for it ... turned on enough (!). Simply fully opening the stop cock cured the banging problem instantly. To check, I closed the stop cock down to 1 full turn off closed (if I remember correctly) and the problem come back so it was definitely that. No idea why the stop cock wasn't fully open in the first place and I never thought to check that since water was flowing ok (other than the water hammer noise on closing taps etc).

HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back