Replacement Fluidmaster Quiet Valve Float -Still Overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From the beginning.
The valve on my Fluidmaster was not shutting off, and would not stop filling the cistern. The water would continuously overflow into the top of the tube which goes straight into the toilet pan. This would mean our watertank was forever filling up - very noisy, and was also a big waste of water.
I replaced the Fluidmaster, and all seemed to be OK. The next day though, not only was the valve not shutting off again, but the water was still going straight into the pan - before it had even reached the overflow???
There is a bit of debris/limescale in the cistern which I did not remove when I replaced the Fluidmaster - could this have blocked up the new one, and if so, how can I check/clean it out?

Why is the water filling the pan, even when it has not reached the overflow - could the blue thing in the middle not be shutting off properly aswell now?

ALSO - When I purchased the Fluidmaster, I also bought a Low Pressure Seal, because I'm not sure if it is mains or not - I didn't replace this in the end, and just used the one from the old Fluidmaster - could this be causing the problem I have?

HELP!!!

Sponsored Links
cimg12413oe.jpg

Picture added, in case it helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back