Fluke T50 Voltage/Continuity tester

We had two of the pen lamp testers issued. The one without batteries would trip an RCD if voltage to earth measured the other with batteries would not. The one with batteries had buzzer and light continuity which I would have said better would have been called insulation testing as it would activate with a really high resistance. Since it used batteries could not really use to prove dead too easy to have bad connection or flat batteries. The one without batteries I filled with re-enterable compound and used underground in extreme wet conditions and was very happy with. The one with batteries was hardly ever used.

Sponsored Links
The one with batteries had buzzer and light continuity which I would have said better would have been called insulation testing as it would activate with a really high resistance.
The T50, which will seemingly bleep and light its LED with anything up to 200 kΩ seems to be useful neither as one thing nor the other! "More or less than 200 kΩ" is hardly useful as either a "continuity test" or as an IR test!

Kind Regards, John

That was also my feeling. The four neon fluke tester takes some beating. Simple does not trip RCD shows AC or DC and no off switch or battery as for continuity
$_35.JPG
belling out is still the best method.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back