Fluke Tester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy a new tester for immersions and general electrics, I am thinking about Fluke 107 or T6 600.

Any opinions much appreciated.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I have both a 2 pole voltage indicator (Di-log) and a multimeter (actually have 3, an extech, Amprobe and fluke 117, bought 2nd hand from eBay).

HSE guidance GS38 states a minimum tip exposure and the 2 pole voltage indicator or test lamp for proving dead. I’m not sure if it makes a difference if SE as to whether you have to have the correct equipment?

Last edited:
Just to say, I have a huge amount of respect for Flukes - I have run hundreds of 23's, 110's, 114's and 115's in student laboratories and they have been bulletproof.
They do appreciate some contact cleaner on the range selector every now and again; especially on the 23, where the mV range has a noticeable offset and drift when dirty.

Enjoy your new toy! ;)

Fluke 107
That isn't intended for sale or use in the UK/Europe, so it's likely to only be available from dubious Ebay sellers and similar.

113 or 114 would be a more sensible choice. They don't have current measurement, which avoids the possibility of shorting out mains supplies in error.

Sponsored Links
I am looking to buy a new tester for immersions and general electrics, I am thinking about Fluke 107 or T6 600.
The 107 looks like a fairly basic multimeter. Current measurement is limited to 10A and is performed by passing current through the meter which most of the time isn't very practical (and as RF suggests introduces a real risk of accidentally shorting out the mains). It seems quite pricey for such a basic meter. It does have 4 digits which is more than some, but it still seems rather pricey for what you get. I guess you are paying a premium for the small size.

The T6 600 is essentially an evolution of a "clamp meter" adding non-contact voltage measurements and replacing the clamp with an open jaw. Seems like a useful tool for general electrical troubleshooting. On the downside there is no capacitance range, which may be a problem for people working with motors.

Both meters are CAT III rated which covers most domestic electrical situations but at least according to Fluke there are some where you should have CAT IV.
https://www.fluke.com/en-gb/learn/blog/safety/multimeter-guide

Up date:

I have decided to go for the T6-600 or T150.

I have spoken with Fluke technical and they told me that the T150 would prove live with no batteries, so would be safer to use but said the T6-600 would be a better machine as long as I always test before use to confirm the tool is working.

Many thanks guys

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back