Which multifunction tester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at getting a new tester. I have used both fluke and megger but was wondering what other peoples opinions where and if you'd had any issues?

Any advice guys?

Sponsored Links
I've used Alphatek for many years, but find them a pig to zero the leads.

Sponsored Links
I love my Metrel, but the new ones are rubbish.

They dont seem to last long before needing to go back to the repair dept. and they take ages to turn them around as well.

Megger 1720 is a nice bit of kit

I think as long as you stick to fluke or megger you cant go too far wrong

We bust that was a year old, and metrel returned it as unrepairable. They were so difficult to use, and the batteries would often last only a few days.

I do like the thin probe with a test button on that fluke do.

I have a company megger 1710 at the moment but I do miss the auto rcd testing from my old fluke. I want to buy my own tester so really have a budget of about £500.
Looking for the auto rcd testing and dloc to avoid the tripping on loop testing...

Keep an eye on ebay. I got a fluke 1652 with phase rotation for £250 in mint condition. Like new. Chap who had it had just retired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back