New Dilog DL9118 MFT - Anyone with hands on experience?

Sponsored Links
Just noticed the DiLog DL9118 only has a 2 wire test current of 3.5 Amps. Even Meggers MFT 1700 series only has a test current of 4.0 Amps.

How detrimental is this to the accuracy of external loop impedance readings (Ze)? I thought most MFT's have a 2 wire test current in the 15-25 Amps range. :unsure:

Just noticed the DiLog DL9118 only has a 2 wire test current of 3.5 Amps. Even Meggers MFT 1700 series only has a test current of 4.0 Amps.

How detrimental is this to the accuracy of external loop impedance readings (Ze)?

Its far from the only factor, there are many other factors at place including quality of the leads and how the signal is processed and noise eliminated.

I thought most MFT's have a 2 wire test current in the 15-25 Amps range. :unsure:

Very few (if any) do, even most separate loop testers don't test with a current that high these days, even the megger LTW415 which has a special high resolution range only uses a test current of 4A. Even the LT300 which seems to be the standard issue loop tester to the supply board round here and is probably aimed at that market (no no-trip range for example) only tests at 12A. I understand some of the older robin loop testers used far higher test currents but could easily take out 5A rewirable fuses

Sponsored Links
Its far from the only factor,

I get that, but I was referring to how the one variable of test current (In 2 wire high current loop impedance tests) affects the accuracy of the readings. (Assume all other variables are as good and constant as possible.)

I assume sophisticated and advanced ways of calculating earth loop impedance tests in MFT's mitigates the need for very high test currents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back