Fluke Electrical Tester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a fluke electrical tester, i'm sure its of the T5 variety off the top my head. I would like to use it for testing PCB's, but the probe ends are too fat to get into the small terminals found on PCB's

Just wanted to know if i could get probe tips that are longer and thinner that can just slot over the top of the exinsting probes as the cables to the probes are of the built - into - the - device type.

Also have a Fluke 1652 Multifunctional tester, so would it be more beneficial to get complete leads with thinner probe ends to fit this tester? (if available).

Advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Don't know about the T5 - seems unlikely.

The 1652 will take any test leads with standard 4mm shrouded plugs on them.

Hi all

I have a fluke electrical tester, i'm sure its of the T5 variety off the top my head. I would like to use it for testing PCB's,
A T5 seems an odd tool to use for testing electronic circuitry.

but the probe ends are too fat to get into the small terminals found on PCB's

Just wanted to know if i could get probe tips that are longer and thinner that can just slot over the top of the exinsting probes as the cables to the probes are of the built - into - the - device type.
What's wrong with the ones that Fluke make for the T5?

Also have a Fluke 1652 Multifunctional tester, so would it be more beneficial to get complete leads with thinner probe ends to fit this tester? (if available).
What sort of diagnostic tests on PCBs can you carry out with an MFT?

Sponsored Links
So flameport telling the OP that it was unlikely he would be able to get thin probes for his T5 was useful, but me asking him why he couldn't use the ones that Fluke make for the T5 was not.

Ho hum.

Flameport understood and was straight to the point.
Thats what i like.
Much appreciated
Thanks everyone else for their contribution.

flat%20file.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back