Fluorescent light no earth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a fluorescent strip light today purchased from B&Q. I'm a bit confused because there is no earth point anywhere on the unit. It's powdercoated metal casing, so i assume it needs earthing, but there is no earth on the terminal block or anywhere else. The instructions say that it needs an earth, but i suspect these are generic to quite a few different light fittings. Am i right or are these units now double insulated and don't need one?

Sponsored Links
Does it not have a three terminal choc bloc with the centre terminal on a tag bent up from the case?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks - it has a 4 terminal choc block with one being there for a loop. Can't see any tag coming up from to number 2, but when I do a continuity test it registers on that terminal, looks like it's connected underneath. Thanks for the replies - very helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back