Fluorescent or LED tubes

So I'm going for HF units 4 x twin 58w in the protective case. As I said I'm hoping that I can re-wire the fittings to allow me to have one or two tubes on as required.

I think you will find it highly unlikely you can do that and would be interested to know if you do find one

Sponsored Links
You are way over spec'ing the lights, you will need sunglasses to work comfortably.

I have a kitchen thats about the same size, and it has a twin 5ft unit and its plenty. At most I would think you need 2x twin 5ft's.

So I'm going for HF units
Thank goodness I was reading the replies and no one seemed to have referred to rotations machinery and stroboscopic effect. With HF there should not really be a problem.

As to LED it would depend on circuit as simple full wave rectifier could flash like a florescent but more likely it will have a capacitor somewhere which would remove stroboscopic effect but unable to find any reference to it.

Sponsored Links
You are way over spec'ing the lights, you will need sunglasses to work comfortably.

Several people have steered him in the direction of a rethink for just that reason; but he complained that nobody had given him any advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back