Flush fitting induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m thinking of fitting an AEG IKE84441fb induction hob. A conversation with their customer support was less than helpful.
Is their any technical or safety reason why this hob may not be flush fitted in a standard 28mm worktop with or without a drawer beneath?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, looked at those before ringing AEG. As you can see it shows the hob sits on top of the worktop. I would like to know if there is any reason why it should not be inset flush with the worktop.

Why would you want to make a lot of work for yourself to do that & it may look a bit naff when done. The only practical reason I could see would be that if the glass may crack when expanding & contracting if inset flush. The obvious other thing is that it goes against there installation instructions & might invalidate any warranty.

Sponsored Links
Good point about the warranty. IT doesn’t look naff IMHO having seen it done, and makes cleaning a doddle. Other makes allow it, so will go elsewhere This one was attractive due price and reviews. rgds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back