flush problem with pneumatic system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a closed Geberit toilet system with dual pneumatic flush. It was installed about 6 years ago and has a small front panel access where the flush buttons are, but no top access (without removing fitted top and removing a sink).

Anyway, left hand (single action) flush does nothing, and recently the right hand (big flush) has deteriorated so that it now only just flushes with 4 pushes, but this too is now looking like it will no longer hold out for much longer.

I know very little about pluming, and nothing about this pneumatic system. I have taken the front panel off and there is a small blue tube running out of left putton and a white one running out of the right one, into a plastic valve system.

Pushing the left button has no resistance at all and no air is pushed, pushing the right button has resistance but the air flow only seems to cause a small amount of flushing. Can anyone tell me what tests I can do to isolate what the fault might be e.g. tubes, button action, main valve etc, or if there is likely to be a common fault that occurs over a period of time with these sorts of systems.

thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
Its the button that's failed. Get a new one.

do you mean the front fascia buttons or the the whole unit that sits behind the buttons? How does a button fail, it is just a piece of metal that you push, or does 'button' mean the mechanism that fits to the front panel and the chrome button?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back