flushing a system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me a good procedure for cleaning and flushing a central heating system before changing a boiler

Sponsored Links
Alfies are you a trainee??

cos you dont half ask a lot of questions

Just new to domestic heating. I served my time on commercial sites on the serious stuff and just looking for some tips.

Sponsored Links
depends

honestly this is rather a large question and while you may pick up some great tips here you are not going to learn the ins and outs of the trade.

dont you have a domestic rgi friend you can go out with?

IMO chemical flush alone isnt that great.

mind you I dont powerflushing is that great either but it is better

With the boilers I use, Powerflushing is reserved for restoring the system itself and then it has to be very bad to warrant the work.

For plate heat exchangered boilers it is more often than not a necessary part of installation and maintenance.

I would strongly advise one or more courses to teach you the ins and outs. Investing in a machine is perhaps something for further down the road - or if you know you are going to be doing one a month or something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back