flushing mini-disaster!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got all excited about flushing my newly installed rad.s this evening - even told the guys at work what I was going to get up to... :eek:
I've read the posts here beforehand and thought I'd got my head around it all, but when I was about to start the process I realised that there's a fatal flaw in my plan - too much water was coming past the threaded portion of the drain-off cocks!
I'd carefully installed hoses and jubbly clips to the bottom part but there's water p***** out of the top bits - and if I screw the threaded part back in, of course it stops the flow entirely - any advice, folks!?

Sponsored Links
Have since discovered that you can reverse the valve piece, and replace it, rubber-seal bit facing out and it reduces the escaping water to an acceptable trickle... don't know if that's what you're supposed to do, but it works for me! :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back