fly killer spray formulae

Harry, we call them storm flies as they seem to be more prolific when the air gets humid and heavy. They get through some of our netting too, and it's quite a fine mesh.

Sponsored Links
Harry, we call them storm flies as they seem to be more prolific when the air gets humid and heavy. They get through some of our netting too, and it's quite a fine mesh.

I'm not sure that is the correct one, I only see an odd one or two in the house. They fly just like the normal house fly, which makes me assume they are just very young/ not fully grown versions - but just my guess.

Like most insects, flies don't grow once they've come out of the maggot, though the abdomens fill up a bit. The big ones are blow flies or green/bluebottles. Smaller ones of the same general look, are house flies or maybe flesh flies if they're dark greyish (stripy).
House flies don't make much noise. Cluster flies (lighter, stripy) and the big ones do. Hairy ones are tachinids.
Apart from cluster flies (iirc), they all spead pathogens.

Storm flies are tiny, a mm or two long.
I read a bit on flies once, they're dead interesting if you find a body, to help with the timing. You get eggs then larva in several different stages/sizes called instars, then the pupa where the metamorphosis bit happens. You can work out things about the wounds on the original body even if it's all eaten away, by the number and location of larval cases. They like to eat different things, have temperature ranges, etc etc etc.

A male fly notices a rather attractive female fly lounging on a pile of cow manure. The male fly swoops down next to her and says, "Excuse me love but is this stool taken?"

Sponsored Links
Than there is bats

We go to several places were they have bats in the roof they have to clean all ***t out of the loft every so often

Nowt you can do about it legally

But the mess they make dunno as I could be having it tbh ?

Back