Accenta G4 Mini Alarm - intermittent False Alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I installed an Accenta G4 Mini alarm system myself over 1 year ago. The system has 2 x LCD keypads, 1 x external siren, 1 x external dummy, 1 x internal siren, 3 x door contacts and 5 x pet tolerant PIRs.

All has been mostly fine for over 1 year, but recently we've had a couple of false alarms at around 4am. But we have never had the siren go off when set during the day.

The most recent false alarm was for the Front Door Contact.

The LCD on the keyboard displayed:

12345678 TP
F0000000 00

It was -5 C / 20 F when the door contact went off.

We have a very solid composite door that obviously wasn't opened and the connections seem fine on both the door contact end and inside the main control panel.

Does "F" mean Fault or Flag?

I am also going to check the cable to see if i can see any cable damage, but i don't think this is likely.

We've also had the PIR's go off once or twice, but sometimes we think that's because of our cat setting them off.

Could anyone advise on what tests i could run? I can get hold of some electrical testing equipment if need be.

Also, if i set the alarm Siren to a 1 minute delay, what happens during this 1 minute? is there another tone from the keypad similar to when the alarm is setting?

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back